Friday 16 August 2013

Out of the Window

A lot of times I catch myself looking out of my window

I realize I am not looking at anybody, neither am I looking at a car or another object

I just kneel on the bed or in the sofa and peek through the window looking at nothing physical

Two days ago, I caught myself doing the looking again

Then it occurred to me

I look out of my window because I see beyond the physical

In my mind swims a flock of thoughts

I look out of the window and I reminisce over good times I have had

Out of the window, I see the days I hunched in pain and sadness

I remember the hugs, the resounding laughter I shared with some friends and the stupid fights we had

When I look out of the window, I wonder the next direction my feet will take me

I wonder again the people I may meet tomorrow

Which people will I meet when I step out of my door?

When I look out that window of mine, I hope in my heart to touch another heart

I hope to sooth your soul with my words

Out that window my eyes see beyond the physical

Those eyes see the strength I still have to:

Retake my Mistakes

Reach the Unreached

Do the Undone

Speak the Unspoken

Touch the Untouched

And

Love the Unloved

It is out of the Window I see beyond the visible

OUT OF THE WINDOW

©fafa nanewortor

No comments:

Post a Comment