Friday 19 July 2013

For A Mother

Through the uncomfortable months of my growth inside her, she showed me LOVE

She would look at her bulging tummy and whisper, “I can’t wait to hold you in my arms”

At my first cry, she smiles and lets out a sigh of relief, “I made it,” she says

Holding me in her arms for the first time, all I could do was cuddle deeper into her bossom for warmth

She gives me her ever ready breasts to suckle as soon as there is a whine from my innocent lips

My waiting mouth draws all the energy out of my Mother, but she never blinks nor frowns

My mother, She is always on the edge when I am ill

Her tender hands nurse me to good health when I cannot stand on my feet

Her keen ears are attentive to my never ending complaints

Her sweet and soothing voice lulls me to calmness in my time of agitation

She is as patient as her name, a teacher like no other, a lover who gives without holding back

A cheerful soul she has even when the tides are against her

It is from her I have learnt that:

“In spite of the odds, do not try to get even,

Love with no reason,

Believe in your uniqueness, Fight for your dreams, Live a modest life and dress the way you want to be addressed…

Most of all, Let the word of God and Fervent, sincere Prayer be your guiding light”


She is the best Mum to me …..Appreciate yours as well and you will be fulfilled….

No comments:

Post a Comment