Friday 19 July 2013

tHe ReAsoN I sMiLe

 
I am confident about my SMILE today because there were moments when all I was clad in were tears and sadness.


When anxiety and sleepless nights were my daily meal, there were those who turned their backs on me but those who stood by me are just countless; their names and faces, I have embossed in my heart.


Most people wouldn't know how important they have been and continue to be in my life but trust me, every smile they shared with me, every frown some showed me, every conversation and every argument we have, every hug and every handshake we share, all the petty squabbles and uncomfortable moments with all those I have met have in one way or the other keep me going.

With no knowledge of the exact time I fall into slumber, I wake up knowing I had slept all through the night. I look up into the morning sky wondering how by the tick of the clock, it lightens up into a sunny day. 

The sounds of birds chirping so loud, the bleating goat and the crowing cock announces my entry into a new day.

Three to five steps out of my house, people of various looks, sizes, ages with diverse fashion sense are those I meet moving in several directions. Everyone, with their own special mannerisms and actions,  seemingly heading somewhere either important or not. All I can do is to quietly think to myself:  " Wow! So all these people do not even have the same thoughts running through their minds, though they all have something in common; <blood and the breathe of life>." 
I always ended up laughing quietly at my own <ignorance> the few times I tried reading from the faces of  these people what they really had on their minds. I would mumble to myself ; " What's the use?" and then I again smile and say to myself: " you can only smile and be thankful for the beauty of life".

I smile because, of all the activities one can think of taking part in, "Smiling is the easiest and cheapest.''
you don't need to pay to have a smile on your face, neither do you need licence or permision to do so.
 
I tell myself  " Girl, you are simply blessed to be here among these people in spite of the terrible  moments of rejection and disappointment! ''

This SMILE I can't wipe off my face is a result of my day to day contact with everyone. 
Be it the worst or the best relations with anyone I have met so far, I can confidently say that I am who I am because I met them all.

Keep the Smile up for it costs nothing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment